Thursday, October 27, 2011

In my industry, I get to participate in a lot of extremely cool things. And, well....sometimes I have to really go-out-on-a-limb! For instance, Painting a picture when my best painting - EVER - may have been from Grade 5 (and, that's a stretch.)

It was 3 years ago that I saw something unique on facebook. It was introduced to me by New Brunswick Country Music Recording Artist - Chris Cummings. It prompted an interview with Chris that led me to an introduction to Tim Fox in Fredericton. So, this year I have finally come out of my shell and sent in my painting.

It is A Brush For Hope, a fund-raising project for The Kidney Foundation of Canada where celebrities from across Canada put brush to canvas to raise funds for Kidney Research. These paintings are then auctioned off on eBay.ca - this year being Oct. 20 - 30th.

Kits are sent out early in the year (paints, brushes, canvas, etc.) and then it is up to the "celebrity" to paint whatever he/she would like to display to the world. I have no idea how I have been deemed "Celebrity" status but, I certainly am OK with helping the Kidney Foundation.

Paintings will be auctioned October 20 -30th, 2011 on eBay.ca so please stop by and check them out! All you have to do is type "kidney foundation" in the search field and bid on the painting!

Some of the Celebrity painters are: Chris Cummings, Myself (Country 93 - Owen Sound), Jason McCoy, Clayton Bellamy, Mike Myers, Brent Butt, Natalie MacMaster, Faber (Faber Drive), Julian Austin, Justin Trudeau, Paul Brandt, and Steven Sabados (Steven & Chris of The Designer Guys)...with many, many more. My initial idea was to paint a Maritime ocean scene, as I love and miss the ocean. However, my skill level at painting dictated that I paint a portrait of my Portuguese Water Dog - Port Colborne's Finn. He is almost 18 months old and the "baby" in my life. Please check it out on ebay.ca...and check out all the other fabulous paintings while you are there!


No comments:

Post a Comment