Saturday, May 14, 2011

My name is Donna and I have a dog...

....ok, so, he isn't really my dog. He might-as-well-be, though! :) First of all, we have the same hair...the breeder said so. Yes, he has wavy dark hair, as well. And, he is a goof-ball,...apparently I am, too - according to the Creative Director at work. Difference is, I don't bite - but, I could. So, don't push me! ;)
To me: he is the cutest thing ever. And, it's a good thing 'cause I'd be tempted to throw him over a bridge and into a lake. Don't worry...not dog abuse...he is a water dag. He'd only swim back to shore and come back to annoy me!
He is a purebred Portuguese Water Dog. His Dad, Black Galaxy - is a champion. (Finn must get his DNA from his Mom ;) ),....and, his Mom is named Sea Breeze. Finn is definitely a combination of both.
He belongs to my friend, but I was in Finn's life right from the start...4.5 months. He is over a year now...just barely...& I love him very much!
So, today is raining, I took him for a walk and he becomes invigorated...he almost bucks like a Bronco...excited and geared up to go. I, on the other hand...look like a drowned rat! I, also...feel like a cat that was just thrown in water. But, like any good Mom...when we get home, I take him out back to play fetch with the ball. Not in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be a "Mom" at 43. But, I love him...and I am happy to be able to share him. :)
I plan on sharing my stories of Finn right here. He is a doll, comedian, companion, and dawg! He makes me laugh on a daily basis ( I will at this time neglect to mention the moments when he pisses me off - like eating my flip-flop or barking in my face or the dirty pinches that leave a bruise.)
My name is Donna, and I have a dog named Finn, who really isn't my dog - I'll just pretend! "Finn...don't chew that stick!" Arf!

No comments:

Post a Comment