Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Today is September 12th.....AKA 9/11

It was 11 years ago today that I was in my "old" life back east, living on Packard St in Bathurst, NB.
My friend, Carol, and I were sitting in her living room having a coffee & all of a sudden, the TV Screen caught our eye. Did that really just happen? Then, BAM...plane #2 hits the other of the twin towers.
I think we were both in shock. WTF?!
For the days & years to follow....all the loss, and tragedy, and wars, and scars....
10 1/2 years later, I find myself in New York City - Manhatten - and, on a Bus Tour. We stopped by the site. Weird how I felt such a compulsion to be "there!" It was almost like I wanted to feel peace. Take pain away for others. I'm not even sure what I was feeling or why....
An Airplane went by when we were near the site. It was odd how clear the sound came through. Our group stopped and looked up to the skies. It was eerily quiet. And, it was a "hair stands up on the back of your neck" kind of feeling.
Something so innocent turned into a horrid monstrocity!


From the TV screen 10.5 years prior...to under my footsteps this past May...I'm glad I was able to be at the site. Why?
Because it reminds me to be "Street Smart" in this world of crazies...but, mostly, it reminds me of the kindness of people. The willingness to risk their lives. The survivors. The togetherness. Hope.
Plain & simple...hope. When we stand together to protect each other...there is hope!
To all those who lost someone dear that day...you are in my heart! Always!

1 comment: