Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I love to travel. Always have. So, when "the guy" said....lets vacation shop/look/escape this February 2014....I thought, HELL YEAH!!!!!

I love the Caribbean. I had my first taste (late in life) when I went on a CFOS Cruise. We traveled to Half Moon Cay & Nassau, Bahamas....San Juan, Puerto Rico, and St Thomas, USVI. It was fabulous. THEN....a family member decided to get married in the Mayan Riviera, Mexico. Then, D & D decide to marry in the Bahamas.

Now,...my task to find a destination was taxing. I know, I know...you're kidding, right?! No, actually. We had no idea where we wanted to vacation, had a budget in mind, and Nassau & Mexico were out of the question. 

We both want quiet, beautiful beach, good food and sort of off the beaten path. Not a huge resort. OK, then. Remember,...we had a certain budget in mind.

I actually printed a map of the Caribbean. I became so desperate that I started to look at tiny Islands, only to find out that they may disappear with the tides. Arrrrgggg! Where to go??? The guy finally said we could look at Cozumel. Phew! Although, that didn't quite work out...I did find Isla Mujeres ( Island of Women) with a really cool history! Right up my alley! Since then,...I come to find out that I know people from here that have been there...and, a couple of locals that winter there each year (lucky ducks!)

So. Isla Mujeres, here I come. I am so excited and can't wait for the sun and ocean to embrace me. I look forward to learning the history in depth and I even have a mission (that'll be another BLOG...about um, fertility.) All I need to do now is learn a bit of Spanish. :)

7 glorious days on Isla Mujeres...an island that is only some 7 kilometres (4.3 mi) long and 650 metres (2,130 ft) wide.  Turquoise waters that wait for me...ahhhh...

PS...have I told you that I love "the guy" a whole lot???? I do! :) <3 nbsp="" span="">

No comments:

Post a Comment