Monday, May 31, 2010

When your son visits you at work....

....you think...WOW! Why is my son here?! First thought is: what does he want? Then you feel guilty...so you start thinking maybe he just wanted to see you, or he is dropping off a surprise, or he brought flowers....or something nice.

Oh, no...not my child. He follows right in my footsteps!

Receptionist: Donna, your son is downstairs...
Me: Oh.... [worried look]
Receptionist: He got locked out......um, and he isn't wearing shoes.

OK, I guess he could have been locked out in his underwear...not too bad...except for walking downtown in barefeet. Ewww! So, I go downstairs to drive him back & let him in....ok...remember what I said about the underwear. He locked himself out in his bathrobe! That is such a Donna move.... :) My son is just like me! Luckily, his friend lives across the street and loaned him a tee & jeans....his belt [maybe to prove a point] was the belt of his bathrobe. Hmmm. The luck ran out at his feet...no shoes. My son has the same attitude of Kenny Chesney, though: No shoes, No shirt....No problem! Sigh! [Insert rolling of eyes & shaking of head]

2 comments: