Wednesday, June 9, 2010

On a rainy Wednesday...

...my walks into work are usually my quite times. Time to reflect, remember, prepare for the day and take in all the little beauties of life. My first thought was...crap...damp & cold. Whine/complain: I don't want to walk into work. But, I dressed appropriately and enjoyed my quite walk in. Songs from childhood, like Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head swim through my mind. I chuckle out loud at the fact that I thought of it and walkers-by think I am NUTS, which makes me chuckle inside. I love water...and I love how it makes everything so clean and bright. Maybe rich-looking is a better description.
So, it wasn't that bad after-all. I enjoyed watching the squirrels scamper up the tree, the drops of rain in the puddles, the richness of the colors around me, even the sound of cars driving by. My only annoyance this morning: people in their cars, driving into puddles...fast...and the after-effects of that action. Actually, it was only one car with an inconsiderate driver. Hey Buddy...if I had wanted a second shower...I would have stayed in an extra few minutes the first time.
Sigh...there's my rant.

1 comment: