Sunday, April 11, 2010

24? What about 42...

Gonna be 43 this year.
Pondering about relationships...they just don't seem to work out the way I envision. I see couples hand in hand, and enjoying time together. Yeah, yeah....I am not into the Cinderella romance thingy - but, I do believe in romance! So, that leaves me with the question: Am I cursed?

I remember a BF in Grade 10,...after I broke up with him (4 mths dating)...he told me I would feel as he did at that moment...someday. Thanks for the curse, bud! I seem to be living your dream! Mind you, the guys aren't leaving me. The "guy" who truly loves me just hasn't found me, yet. Right?! Is that how the story goes?!

HELLO, MR LOVES-DONNA.....I'M HERE!

Remember playing the card game "Old Maid?" As a young girl, I proclaimed I would NEVER be an Old Maid. I would never live on my own. And, I wouldn't own a million cats. Well, I have the cat thing under control. I don't have any.
Dear Life-of-Donna,
Please tell me the definition of old maid 'cause I'm getting a tad worried here. :O

I'm gonna be 43 this year AND I have never been proposed to. Oh, technically that is wrong. A guy proposed to me once in High School...I turned him down for obvious reasons. His name was Joe. Joe died in a house fire with his GF shortly after High School. A sign or a curse?

RIP Joe! And, thanks for asking! Miss you!!!

3 comments:

  1. No Donna, you are not cursed and don't even think that let alone even say that. I spent years going through what you are, lots of us have. Kathy did too, before we met. I excepted the fact that I might spend the rest of my life alone when I was your age. Donna you are on an on going journey part of it is finding yourself (or more about yourself)! You are a wonderful women and your day will come. If you fallow Buddhism, you will know that life is abandoning self desire. Well I guess that is kind of what I went through. My friend your day will come, your a beautiful woman and your Mr. Right is out there pining away for you too, he is just not Mr. Rightnow. So sit back and enjoy the ride and remember "Happiness is not a station to arrive at, but a journey traveled"! In the mean time realize you have men friends that love you and for being you, maybe not in the way your looking for, but as a friend. Your day will come and for now just think of all the people that do love you as a friend or best friend (men & Women). For you are truly Blessed. Because Donna, your about as good as they get as a friend(and a lady).
    Love your Friend/Brother!
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. D, don't try to force it. *nothing* good ever comes from force or forced situations. so relax. enjoy. live. laf. your time is here now. remember: the windshield is always bigger than the rear view mirror. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, not forcing anything! :)
    This Blog is in fun, trying to make people laugh...of course, minus the Joe mention. That was serious! But, I am not often serious when it comes to me!
    I am very much in my own. I know who I am, and enjoy life to the fullest!
    I am certainly not sitting at home waiting to slit my wrists because of no proposal! ;) See...I am having fun, again!
    I love the idea of unity, but I am comfortable with just me, as is! :) I like me!

    ReplyDelete