Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My swimming experience...

...replaced my bike ride yesterday!

See, I have this great friend, Eileen, who was away on a cruise for a month. We usually try to spend once a week together - Girl Time! So, she suggested we go for a swim. I love water and I especially love salt water pools...so, she didn't have to twist my arm. Besides...the pain from my rib would have made me give in pronto!

Dilemma: I am at work with no bathing suit! "No prob," she says....and brings along 10-million suits for me to try. Ok, so I'm fibbing a bit...but, she had a lot!

Now, I have a secret to share...I am not a great swimmer...shameful for a Maritimer! But, I can hold my own and I know how to save someone (if they are drowning.) But, yesterday, the back was a killer. I was even walking funny. I'm sure I had a family of ducklings follow me down the path to the pool. Guess DH stood for Duck Hobble yesterday. I'm not a fan of floater devices, but MAN...it sure helped yesterday. I think it was the first time that I actually spent most of my time in a pool with floater devices attached to me. I used the little board for a bit, but what I really enjoyed were the weights. Huh?! The floaters looked like bar bells...made me want to exercise! :) Now, I want my own. I love them!

So, thank you Eileen, for such a wonderful experience and the new suit! It hides the fat on my hips! BONUS! I felt better after the swim, and enjoyed the Cruise pics!

Bicycle?! What bicycle???

No comments:

Post a Comment