Thursday, April 1, 2010

OMG! The 3-Day Work Week

This never, EVER happens to me. EVER! A 3-day work week...imagine. We already chatted about my Monday panic...Is this an April Fools joke? How did this happen? I could accomplish so much with 3 days! :)

Well, losing a co-worker to a sister station (down a man)...DH (the other dh) and I work opposite 6/4 shifts, this week being my Monday/Saturday off...and Good Friday. I thought, ...Oh S___! If my kids were bored by the end of March Break, imagine how I'll feel by Easter Monday????(Which, btw, I'll be working.)

For those of you who don't know me, I'll eplain: I love my boys tremendously, but they are older and like their time away from "Mom" and doing their own thing. That is why I throw myself into work (which, btw, I love.) I RARELY take a sick day, possibly 3 in 8 years. In my line of work, we throw in a lot of volunteer/after hours. When I actually have time off...I do get that moment of panic. Mostly, it's a twinge.

I enjoy people - love being around people. I love holidays - but - my family is in New Brunswick. And, like I said...for the most part, my kids are like me and embrace life & their friends. So, when a "Stat" holiday sneaks up on you [How the H - E - double hockey sticks (I am Canadian) did we get to Easter so fast] ...this 3-day work week has definitely thrown me for a loop. I am not ready. DID YOU HEAR ME, EASTER BUNNY??? I AM NOT READY!

OK! I'm over it! Bring it on! Eat fish for Good Friday (no meat - just fish) and HAPPY EASTER ~Be back Easter Monday!!! Enjoy the beautiful days ahead! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment