Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Yesterday,...all my troubles seemed so far away...

Until I hit the trails:
Must take advantage of sunshine, and my new bicycle! That's where it all started!

Yesterday was a day off for me. Beautiful! Plopped myself on the guys back deck and took in some Vit D (not the pill kind), finished my book and simply enjoyed my day alone.
Had a great meal...love cooking in the guys kitchen.
Then, we changed into the exercise gear and jumped on the bikes, headed for Harrison Park trails.

First hill...huff, puff, oh darn...I'm lagging behind. Legs are feeling weak. I really am out of shape. My cardio health = to be desired.

I loved the bike ride, though...was awesome...except when I hit this tiny bump on the trail (and there were many)...but that one bump in particular jolted the ribcage...where I have a rib out of joint...and WOWZER. Pain! But,...trooper I am I did not turn around. OK, not so much that I am a trooper,...I am stubborn!
So, eventually had to head back home (up another blasted hill) and end this session.
All my joints hurt. They still do! The knees, the wrist, elbows, spine. I don't remember cycling feeling this way!

The guy says: You have to build up your endurance and without regular exercise/exertion you won’t get there.
To the guy, I say....well, lets forget what I say! lol Kidding. I said, (as I push Meds into my system),...lets go biking tonight...Trooper I am! ;)

Anyone have a body cast I can borrow? With shocks, preferably around the ribcage area?

No comments:

Post a Comment