Wednesday, April 21, 2010

In my downer state of mind....

...I thought I would grab my son and head to Dairy Queen for a pick-me-up'er! He is going to be 15 tomorrow (on Earth Day) and considering it was closed the evening before...this was a "make good" to trying to treat him on his Birthday week.

He decides to try the new Ooey-gooey Caramel Chocolate...whatever it was. And, he turns to me, "What are you getting?" OH COME ON....does he have to ask?! For X amount of years I have been ordering the same darn Blizzard. Oh, I have tried to stray....but, I have learned over those little affairs...The Strawberry Cheesquake is my lover! My #1! My I'll-always-come-back-to-you ice cream treat! Mmm!

So, we get to the counter and spy the HUGE poster: Blizzards, buy one regular price, 2nd is 25 cents. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? Ryan and I, who are simply wanting a small...look at each other and order a medium. And, tonight, it may have to be a large! :) I'm a sucker for sales!

Thank you, Dairy Queen! And, thank you Strawberry Cheesquake for being so understanding. See you tonight! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm
    the ooey gooey caramel blizzard caught my attention a few weeks back...2nd for 25 cents.....COOL.
    Happy Birthday Ryan
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky you! We have to go to Miramichi for DQ. I always stick to the same too, LOL!

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strawberry Cheesquake is the ultimate Blizzard flavor! Sounds like I will have to make a trip to DQ to partake in a great deal!
    Thanks for the info Donna!!
    Happy Birthday to your son as well!!

    ReplyDelete